Sunday, June 2, 2013

Haul and Review: Red Cherry lashes!

Red Cherry lashes!

Look at what I found at the local swap meet for a whole TWO DORRAHS each!

I've seen Leina on YouTube use these and have always wanted to try them out. Apparently, these are made from 100% Human Hair...not sure how I feel about that, but I'm sure they will hold up a lot better than synthetic lashes. "Excuse madam, let me harvest your hairs so that another lady can stick them to their eyeballs."

The one problem I have with false lashes is that they often take a lot of trimming to fit with my eye shape. My almond shaped hooded eyes get pinched and irritated on the inner corners even if they are just a tad too long. I will probably cut each lash in half to make....four pairs!

I have gotten a lot of practice putting falsies on, but they are still pretty time consuming. I do have to agree that they can transform your eyes instantly and some girls never leave home without them on! The right pair of eyelashes will feel lightweight and comfy enough for a whole day of wear.

I got #46 and #42. Both have a varying length look that can pass as "natural". Y'know, as natural as glued appendages can look on a girl.

What is your take on falsies? Too much or just right for daily use?

 

Update: June 3rd, 2013

These are amazing.

With a lightweight band, it may seem like it would be impossible to spread glue on the lashes themselves without making a mess, and this is true. I would take the extra time to apply with a toothpick or Q-tip.

However, these lashes are so light that it literally feels like nothing is on. This is especially important for those big events where I often rub my eyes raw from itchiness. I think I will wear these on a regular basis only because they are so comfortable.

I did end up cutting the one lash band into a pair, and they fit perfectly onto my eyes. They also take well to mascara and thus, no downward pointing real lashes to clash against the false ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment