Thursday, June 13, 2013

HAUL: Summer Basics and Red Lipsticks

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5nvwG6yoWY&w=560&h=315]


Hi guys! My latest haul video is up!


It's been a really long time since I've had the opportunities to


a) Trim my hideously overgrown, full of split-end, overall in bad condition hair.


My hair is now healthy, has structure, and doesn't look like the Grudge's curtain of black as she descends the stairs. I used to get my cut and coloring at Mary Jane Salon in the Hillcrest area of San Diego, but the price tag was steep for their great service. I decided to give the salon on UCSD campus a try.


b) Go shopping for new clothes without the judging eyes of the husband, forever perusing why I have "a closet full of clothes and I never seem to wear it all."


I've actually cleaned out my closet of anything that I don't touch and trying to revamp my style post-grad. The pastel teeny bopper chiffon shirts really need to go. I definitely know I like living in comfy clothes, so from now on I'll be trying to pick up some cute dresses and invest in key pieces such as shoes, accessories, and handbags and just be okay with everything else looking like it came from the thrift store. Which it probably will.


c) Pick up some red lipsticks that aren't orange-based for the summer.


I hate my love for blue based lipsticks, but they seem way too vampy for the summer. The three lipsticks I've picked up has that spiciness to them that keeps things vibrant without crossing the line into "made up". It takes a certain conviction to rock red, especially when water and greasy food is being flung at you from all corners.


d) Find a foundation that holds up to the millions of photos I'll be taking on commencement day.


Yup, I'll be graduating this Saturday. And yes, the family will be there armed with cameras. I haven't decided on an outfit, but I know my face needs to be flashback free and neutral. If you guys want a quick "get ready with me" video, please leave a comment down below!



Well, that's all for today. I've got the rest of the day to handle my errands and paperwork.


No comments:

Post a Comment