Monday, May 13, 2013

Drugstore Haul!

Hi Guys!

I recently went to Walmart to stock up on a few basic items...and left the store poor. I have a few "to try" items that's been on my list, and my changing skin tone is forcing me to adapt to new colors and finishes. The summer heat is basically here and my t-zone is beginning to sweat profusely even from just sitting around. In an air conditioned room. My skin is very fickle and every changing and this translates to an expensive receipt every seasonal change. My skin is now combo and nc42 in comparison to the dry nc20 I was in the dead of winter.

Here is my haul of the day. I will include a review via YouTube, so be sure to check back for the link!

- Revlon Colorstay in 310 Golden Beige.
I am excited to try this formulation for the summer. And get this, apparently people with golden undertones only exist with a tan. I never found a great match when I was a true nc25 with very strong yellow tones.

- Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser in Medium.
I don't have dark circles. I do have dark spots from acne scarring. This is my second tube as it works wonderfully. Careful though about going crazy when trying to get the product to come out the first time. You may lose your fingerprints and sanity.

- Revlon Colorstay eyeliner in black brown.
Some evil cult of eyeliner wearing voodoo chanting girls picked up all of the black pencil liners at Walmart, so I was forced to choose black brown. However this may work out in my favor since black sometimes looks awfully harsh when I want to tight line my eyes.

- Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl in Black.
I do own the nude pencil and hope this one is good and transfer free. I've been a little fed up with my UD Perversion pencil smudging right before it gets to set and then setting into this thick and uneven line. This rimmel pencil gets good reviews online.

- Rimmel lipstick in Nude Delight.
This is apparently the dupe for MAC's Shy Girl. I have a bad experience with nude drugstore lipsticks (ahem, revlon fairest nude AND nude attitude...hideous fish lips on a walking dead extra much?) but am willing to try out this one if its a little peach based.

- Milani Multitasker in light tan.
Apparently the holy grail of all drugstore face powders ever made in the existence of ever based on online raves. It is only about 5 dollars and has very cute packaging. I will be featuring this in my next video about powder foundations and setting powders. Hint: I really like this.

I also picked up some more generic brand makeup wipes and two new box dyes in dark natural brown. I'm a little tired of rockin the red and want to look classy and family portrait friendly for my graduation in June.

Leave a comment below on which drugstore or supermarket you frequent with great deals on cosmetics!
-Be

No comments:

Post a Comment