Friday, May 24, 2013

FOTD: Milky Pink Lips

Happy Friday!

Today I am doing a FOTD that will incorporate my two new lip products that I recently hauled.

The first, shown on the left, is part of MAC's summer line, "Temperature Rising" complete with sulking model and glistening abs as part of their advertising strategy. I was shown a sneak peek at the counter, but only found their Lipglass "Liquid Passion" interesting.

You see, I HATE lip gloss. I don't like its stickiness, the shininess, the gloop that gathers around the mouth of the container, and most of all the hair to mouth attraction that gives me a long mustache. The list goes on. However, I've heard good things about MACs lipglasses and have always wanted a milky nude gloss to accompany my lipsticks.

The color payoff of this gloss is amazing! I didn't know it was possible for a lip gloss to be that pigmented and sheer out my lip color with such ease. Liquid Passion seems like a beige/milk gloss that makes my lips look pouty and full without venturing on fourth grade glitter gloss territory.

Liquid Passion is Limited Edition and is a tad more expensive than their normal lipglass pricing. I will do a more in depth review later.

The second color I picked up is a drugstore lipstick: Milani lipstick #14 in Rose Hip. This color is bright but not too bright and best of all, smells like Jolly Ranchers! It's very moisturizing on the lips. I would describe it as a bright pink that's very creamy in texture.















Picture


Picture






Picture



When layered together, these two create a lovely pouty pink look that reminds me of candy or juice. I've created a FOTD look with the layered lip products and a very strong brow. The final look tutorial will be on YouTube within the week.


Picture



Products on the mug:Face: Studio Fix in C5 (Finally, I am tanner!)
Milani Blush in Luminoso
E.L.F. Makeup Setting Spray

Eyes: Aqua brow in 25
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze
Maybelline Mascara The Rocket
Revlon Colorstay eyeliner in black and brown

Lips: Aquaphor
Milani Lipstick in Rose Hip
MAC lipglass in Liquid Passion

Trust me, this look takes less than 5 minutes to go and you look fresh and awakened from your vampire slumber enough to venture out into the summer sun.



What's your fav drugstore lipstick brand?

-Be

No comments:

Post a Comment