Thursday, May 23, 2013

Review: See by Chloe Eau de Parfum

Picture
Hey guys,If you are looking for a good spring and summer fragrance, try See By Chloe.

Sephora describes this as: See By Chloé embodies femininity while blending masculine codes in an urban-chic way. This fragrance captures the audaciousness and strong personality of the Chloé woman.

An addictive floral fruity fragrance, it captures the irresistible and playful personality of a young woman fully embracing life. The fusing top of juicy bergamot and apple translate her energy and her urban edginess. Her natural femininity is conveyed through a beautiful floral bouquet of jasmine and ylang ylang that grows into a sexy veil of vanilla and addictive musks.

Price: This 1.0 oz Eau de Parfum retails for about $58 dollars. This is about the average price for a designer fragrance, and I'm sure it will last for a long time even with daily usage. I have other perfumes in the 3.4 oz size and even with daily usage I see them going to the grave with me. Let's be honest, if you're using half the bottle every day, you're doing perfume wrong.

Packaging: Absolutely beautiful. I love the birdcage design and the understated simplicity of the bottle. A lot of cheap or celebrity perfumes have a very ...."bold" design for their bottling and it always comes off as tacky.

Scent: This one is very inoffensive yet long lasting. I'm not sure I agree with Sephora's interpretation of the scent, but it is a very youthful and girly scent without being too sweet, floral, or musky. In fact, it blends all three into one that isn't too generic or commercial. I'd have to say that it smells like a field of flowers near an apple orchard. You can almost see the daisy headbands and hipsters frolicking in a field. I am usually a huge fan of oriental and muskier perfumes, and this has just a hint of warmth to make it well rounded while still suitable for the warmer seasons.

Also, this scent seems to be a huge hit with men. I have a feeling it's because the scent very fresh and clean without too much musk. I originally sampled both this and the original Chloe scent, and while the other perfume is more "me" (think business woman with the power suit) due to the stronger musk influences, the husband was adamant it smelled like "a man."

Me: But hubby, doesn't it smell good?
Husband: No. Smells like you might punch me.
Me: ... *one single tear*

This perfume, however, is the most inoffensive one I've ever smelled. It can smell mostly like honey, apples, baked pies, and flowers depending on its reaction to your body chemistry. Which really, no one has a vendetta against apples.

Lasting power: I can smell this very faintly even after I've showered, though others have complained about it not lasting through the day. I would say that others can smell it up until half way through the day, and after that you can re-spray. However, if you're up close to me you will still be able to smell it.

Overall, this perfume says, "I care about how I smell, but I'm not slapping your face with my perfume when I enter the room." It's appropriate for the office or any other place where you want to smell presentable but very subtly so.







Picture



Let me know what your signature scent is for the summer season!
- Be

No comments:

Post a Comment